The Last Shot.

This afternoon my husband, daughter, and I went out to shoot the muzzleloader. Today would be the last time I get to hold the muzzleloader and aim it at a non-moving object or a cardboard box. Knowing that this will be the last day before the season starts is an adrenaline rush. Loading the powder in a measure, pouring it down the muzzle, pushing the bullet down with the ramrod, loading the primer, taking a deep breathe as you get into position, switching the safety off, and fire!

It will be my first buck I've ever shot at. Thanks to my husband for going on DOW'S Left-Over List! If it wasn't for him, I would just have my 3rd season cow tag. The thing is, is I haven't ever even shot at anything except at rabbit's and a turkey. The turkey was with my Opa back in Texas quite a few years ago. The rabbit's are every year. Montrose is swamped with those suckers!

The hunts that I have done in the past 3 years weren't successful (some might say) but I say differently. Each year I saw the species that I was going after. Each year it was either weather, bear fever, or opposite sex. Some people go years hunting elk... And never see a single one. Hunting is a patient sport to acquire. Just know if you are out there, hiking your butt off, sitting in that tree stand, and/or pushing yourself to your limit- your odds are outstanding!

What do you like to do to prepare for a hunt? What is your motive? What is your favorite game to eat?





       

Comments

  1. Couple of sharpshooters getting ready for the upcoming hunting season! Time to get the Go Pro ready for use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply! We definitely need to invest in a GoPro!

      Delete

Post a Comment